View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The niche game...

Back to work on the water...
Click the image to open in full size.

First spotted bass I've ever caught, even though it's a runt....

Did I mention the scenery here is awesome?

The fishing seemed to taper off around 11am as the sun was out in full force. Also, these guys hit before anything else could anyways...

I figure it's time to hike back and out, eat some lunch, re-hydrate and try somewhere else. By this point, I feel how my fly looks...

That hike out was brutal. It let me know exactly how bad out of shape I am, but I would still do it again tomorrow. In the meantime I decide to do some sight seeing, got to see the falls.....

This little guy was down there with a committee of panfish around him....

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I made it to my next spot, which was more up in the mountain. Oh good, another hike down into an unknown.....

Caught one small jewel out of the starting gate...

This flow was even more brutal to hike around and in....

I didn't last but a couple more hours and I was done. No more fish except lots of green sunfish. Talk about a tough drive home. I was fighting sleep the whole time. I thought I had started dreaming....

Nope, it WAS Jesus!

I got home and crashed. I haven't been that worn out in quite sometime. It was an awesome experience and I will be back. I am doing the penguin walk this morning. I feel like someone cut out my calf muscles.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur