View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 PM

kim ciara is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ladies fly tyers

Thanks, Kelkay.

Last summer, I got kinda' fed up with overcrowding on the Front Range rivers... like the South Platte, the Arkansas, and others, too. They were even crowded on weekdays!

And this *new* breed of fly fishers... they're kinda' rude. Before I even land a trout, there's four guys within arm's reach of casting to the very spot I just caught that one in. When pointing out that this was rude, I was (not-so-gently) reminded that "You don't own this *$@#ing river."

So over the winter, decided to change species (for my "local" fishing) to pike, and use the canoe lots more. Tying pike flees has been fun, and on my last outing, caught 18 pike and one rainbow! hahah Had a great time.

But do I ever miss fishing the rivers. There's just something really special about tying and fishing small dries...

Guess all of that is another, separate thread, huh?

The recipe for the BWO: black 8/0 thread, size 16 dry fly hook, furnace hackle barbs for the tail, olive turkey biot for the body, and grizzly hackle for the wings. The others were "improvised", kinda'. *smile*