Thread: My rod broke!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: My rod broke!

Hi Angelo,

The lesson to take from this is that rods (regardless of their cost) that are not transported in the protective tubes will be broken. On the 'Broken Rod' Poll thread only one rod was broken while in its tube. That rod belonged to Marco, (SwirlChaser) who was T - Boned at an intersection and his TFO rod was crushed by the impact. Other than isolated incidents like that tubes do a splendid job of protecting the rods.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you and I know how time can drag along when you are waiting for something as important as your fly rod to arrive in the mail. Please consider keeping your new rod in the tube whenever it is not in use and this may be the last time you have to deal with this.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;