View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women's Fly Fishing Gear

Back in 2001, I bought my first pair of Orvis waders. I went with men's because back then, the mens had all the great features and the women's had non. I bought the Pro Guides. After two years of heavy use, and becauseI worked for the company, I upgraded to the newer model with the hand warmer. Problem I had was I have a 36" inseam, with a woman's 9 wading boot. So, while small men's fit me well, they were not long enough. I bought medium. They fit on the loose side but the neoprene foot is way big. I have to pull the foot area to where the heel is on the back of my ankle. Pain, but has been the routine for the past 9 years. I have had to patch inseams over this time, but can honestly say, they still keep you dry.
BUT, I will add, I also have waist high Rivendell and hippers I wear during the summer, so my Pro's do not get used much. Just fall and winters.
Now, my boot foot breathable hippers, I bought back in 2004 and just replaced them this week as they started leaking on the seams. Not complaining at all as I am getting well over 5 years on Orvis gear.

Got new Dan Bailey hippers for women coming. Have to wait to see them but their size chart on line looks perfect to me.