Thread: My rod broke!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My rod broke!

Unless I'm fishing Dismal Creek on the Jefferson National Forest,,5 min drive from the house till I'm stepping in the water,,, I take a back up rod. I've never broken a fly rod,,but I know it's coming (knock on wood.) Like the one guy said,,,rod tubes are your friend. End of day,,I try to break the rod down and 'tube' it before I get involved with anything else. And, I put the rod together last thing before I leave the vehicle TO fish. It's easy for a guy,,esp when in company of fishing buds, to get distracted. I did trip, stumble along, fall and break a St. Croix 9' float and fly special' rod. I think that is the last time I had tears in my eyes. The folks at St Croix are champs at taking care of ya. But still,,,,it hurts LOL

Fly rods are such petite , graceful things,,,,I just know my turn is coming.