View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM

stoneyclove will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Salmon River trip this fall

Hi Ben,

You don't have to be a guest to fish the DSR. You can stay at lodgings off site and pay a fee each day to fish there. I believe it's $45 per person per day. If your coming from France it's well worth it. Lodging prices vary depending on what your looking for. You will find very reasonable pricing if you look. November is a great time on the DSR and the crowds are gone.

DSR lodging prices are ok if you have a large group, but for 1 or 2 anglers it's just to much.

I always stay at Brenda's motel when I'm there. It runs about $50 per night per person. It's not the Ritz but it's fine for me.
I believe it has changed hands this spring but it is being kept the same....at least that's what I've been told. It's close to the river, though you will need a car up there. Pulaski is a great fishing town with plenty of fly shops and restaurants. Well worth the trip. Wading there can be tricky, so make sure you have plenty of studs on your wading boots.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

If you PM me I can recommend a good guide for you.