Thread: Live bait?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Live bait?

This post is not to disparage anyone or any sort of fishing but to remind readers that this forum is called The North American Fly Fishing Forum. The majority of persons who consider themselves fly fishers use traditional fly fishing tackle and their lures are constructed using bits of feathers - furs - and other materials including synthetic types. These 'materials' are wound around the shank portion of a hook meant to represent insects and or bait fishes and their eggs. These 'flies' are cast using a fly rod and line in a fashion that relies on the heft of the line to propel the nearly weightless offerings into the water and to waiting fish. Although there are other definitions of Fly fishing this is what I put forth to the forum. For the definition I'll rely on writings describing the method of fishing the artificial fly that have become part of the record over the past 450 years.

Before this thread becomes a back and forth about what constitutes fly fishing and what does not I am going to lock the thread and ask that we put the matter to rest.

Respectfully,

Ard stetts

Flies;

Click the image to open in full size.

Fish with artificial fly (streamer) in mouth;

Dry Fly;

Fish with dry fly stuck in mouth;

I'm done, let's let this one go fellas..............................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;