Thread: Ever use Emu?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ever use Emu?

We used to Tie a Fly we called The Emu Black & White,it was a good Fly & everyone caught Fish on them,I don't know whether I still have any in one of my Fly Boxes,if not I'll Tie some & post in My Pictures.
I mainly Tie & use Wooly Buggers instead these days.
The Recipe :
Hook : # 6 or 8.
Tail : White Rabbit Fur
Body : Black Chenille,Palmered with a Emu Feather.
Rib : Copper Wire.... I've also Tied them with Silver & Gold Tinsel as well as other Coloured Copper Wire.
Wings : Sometimes we used either Fawn,or White Kangaroo Fur Or White Rabbit Fur.
Everyone Tied their own variant of this Fly,at times I even used different coloured Chenille.
Emu Feathers & Kangaroo Fur is easy sourced over here,when we travel to a Mates Property in The Outback there's usually Fresh Road Kills everywhere,especially after Rain when The Roos feed on the side of The Road.
Emus are everywhere when The Grain is being Harvested & are always getting Flattened.
Brian.