View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Side-arm cast woes -- need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
Quality >> Quantity it is!

Thank you all again for the great advice and vids, etc. All of this stuff is sage to me -- I'm totally new to it. I've actually printed these posts for quick reference.

Going up one fly line size is something I've thought about for 2 reasons: 1. because I practiced first on a guide's rod which was "upweighted" for beginners to learn the feel and 2. because the fly line on my rod is "okay", but is basically the line that comes on a reel when you buy a $150 beginner combo. I'd also like to have a fly line with premade loops on both ends for simplicity.

Thanks again!
SA's Headstart line is a great option. Its a half weight heavy, and very front end loaded to both shoot better and turn over the fly with force. To be honest I've recommended it for years because its $30 cheaper than the rest of their Mastery lines, but never owned one until recently.

I got one and fished it Saturday and its rather awesome. It does all that well, and has loops on both ends.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.