View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Level leader question - fly sizes

For full on 'dry' leaders I'm also a fan of Furlled leaders with a tippet ring on the end. I even use these on my 2-handers when appropriate. As for a single shot of leader, yes for short runs you can do same, but you may well have 'turn over' issues with this. The 'thick' but section on leaders is there to 'transfer energy from the fly line out to the fly. If you want to make your own, the old "tried and true" 60-20-20 works just find for most trout fishing applications.