Thread: E Sierra Sights
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: E Sierra Sights

Milt...my friends had driven to Yosemite Valley and stopped at the Mono Lake visitor center on Saturday before we arrived, so I'm saving that and the Tufa stuff for later with Beth...cool stuff though....and I love that little Marryat on my 2 wt.

Ard...thanks...here's a few more...

let's start with find the bear...look just left of center in the photo and you'll see 2 shiny eyes in the gloom. There was a sow and 3 cubs the night before...this guy was alone in the cabin area when we got home from dinner

Click the image to open in full size.

This is next morning...the bear left paw prints on my windows. A guy 2 cabins down had his window ripped out, cuz he left it down 1/2 inch and had a candy bar on his seat.

Here's the start of the "miracle mile" on the E Walker...the outflow from the dam on Bridgeport Reservoir. The "mile" can be awesome fishing, but I generally fish down below...there's 11 miles of river in Ca and more on the Nevada side...I just wanted Beth to know what I was talking about when I came home from here.

The museum in Bport is very cool....sits behind the historic original courthouse in town. Beth and I spent 3 hours here.

Here's Bambi chowing down at dusk at Trumbull Lake.

E Sierra skies are like those in Mt...always something to look at. Here's an evening sky, with Mono Lake in the view.

I had never done the walk up the Lyell Fork and found this granite playground amazing...there were a lot of folks up there as you can see. I'll go back in the fall for another look.

picked up a little brookie in the shadow tight to that rock on an adams

At Bodie....you can see into everything....people just left...all their "stuff" is still there...also in the hotel, church, assay office, etc...here are a couple of looks inside...

Church...

someone's house...

Schoolhouse...

Va Lakes Resort...started in 1923 by a guy and his wife from Los Angeles. A great story...

A stop on the way home. Hwy 108 over Sonora Pass is awesome. No trailers allowed....too tight and too steep. several grades over 20%.

lol...at least the glare off my noggin didn't ruin the pic. \

Like I said...not much fishing this trip...but even when I'm with my pals fishing, we usually spend 1/3 of our time just driving the roads we haven't been up. There's always something new (old) to find exploring in the E Sierra. During this trip I picked up info about other old mines in the area that we can walk to...and there are trails into the back country everywhere and they all lead to the kinds of places that you really want to see and experience...

Someday my ashes will be spread over some of these spots...you can't get closer to God than this...-m