View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New caster problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
I am also a new caster, and have found that my forward cast isn't very good either in comparison to my backcast. .
Most of the time with a new caster, when you have that problem, it's in where you keep your line hand when going into the forward cast. If the distance between the first stripper guide and the line hand decreases as you go into the stroke you are 'anti-hauling'. If the line hand is stationary and the rod is going back and forth, when you go into the back cast the distance between the first stripper and your hand increases, making a weak haul. Weak but still a haul. That's why the backcast is good but the forward cast stinks. You are unloading the rod in the forward stroke.

Watch what you do with your line hand and let me know. This may be jspriddy's problem as well. I have seen where they do pretty well till they go to shoot and the line hand forgets to stay with the program.