View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How Light Can You Go

If the leader is up to it you can land big ones with pretty light rods. Below are 2 that I got tied up with while using my # 5 Far & Fine. The big red one was actually quite pretty for a colored up fish and I was trout fishing last fall when I hung it without knowing it was there. Unless I am keeping the fish I seldom remove them for photos but the only way to get Big Red was to get the camera ready then slide him up onto the shore. He swam off no worse for the wear. I figure I landed him in under 4 minutes.

Click the image to open in full size.

These are what I am after with the number 5 rod but sometimes a salmon is in the run.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;