View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to take all of my fly material on the go?

Back in the day, I tied at the kitchen table. I had to pack up every time I finished. Since I wasn't buying much material, alot of my stuff was hair and feathers I picked up while hunting. Anyhoo, I started out using page protector sheets. They're available in sizes from photo slide up to full page, with lots of different shapes. Buisness card is exactly the same size as the lil' zip baggie many brands of hooks come in. Trading card size works well with carded chenille. You get the pitcher?
The pages go into 3 ring binders. I find lots of binders, especially big ones, at the used stores.
Now that I have a desk for tying, The poto pages go into hanging file folders. The file cabinet is the left legs of my desk. If I want to take a tying kit when I travel, I can take the pages for what I plan to tie or I can fill travel pages with a little of everything, put 'em in a binder.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey