View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Orvis Superfine 3wt- maybe the best for me

I'm fond of 5wts and 4wt rods. A 5 would be super. Heck the 4 would be super too ! LOL,,that would be my very torment also..should I go 5 or 4 wt ? Or perhaps get wild and go 3wt !! With the size trout we have,,,I'd probably go 4wt. An Orvis Superfine should make an outstanding dry fly rod at moderate distance..and moderate distance is all I ever need in my area...unless I go to the lakes,,and then I tote a St Croix, 9ft 5wt as my boat rod. I have an older 6wt rod but rarely use it. Just carry it for back up on the boat. Granted, I don't get to fish the big trout rivers like a lot of the guys do,,,so I'd be out of my element to comment on.. say... a rod for long distance, huge trout type thing.

Isn't Sage coming out with a full flex rod soon ? I 'think' I read something about that.

But that Orvis Superfine,, man o' man,,,ya got me thinking now !

Good luck on your choice

Michael