View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Landing heavy catch on light rod???

Using the surf to help land the fish will help alot.

i do alot of what you said in the last part of your first question with big carp. I dont fish with a net for big fish ( yet ) so when I get them close to land, I will lay the rod down on the shore and land them by hand lining them to me. I will try to get about 2-3 feet of fly line out the end of the rod before I start thinking about hand lining them. Its still a graceful way to land fish and it actually gets even more intimate. your hand is on the line and you are touching them almost directly. Its very exciting actually. I actually find it easier to land them that way, you get in much more control and feel of the line and tension.

Dont feel too bad about the last 6" breaking off, you should be able to get that fixed easily and cheaply. So put a new tip on it and go back to town.

Storm Drain Bonefisher