View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 AM

navycop10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Double Haul.... Won't.....

Silver,

I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially with the video. It would appear that I have been hauling way too early. Which apparently was okay on my stiffer old rod, but a habit I need to break on this new one.

Though the noise I still can't understand. It's similar to a scratching as it goes through the guides. All of them. And the line whistles through the air over my head. Perhaps bad line? To big of a fly or too small of a tippet ratio?

I hate to trade this rod in, but I sure understand where you are coming from. And I might have to put it in the closet for a later day or for my son to enjoy, and get a new fast action.

Greg H.
CEC, FMP, SLBT, Lc. P.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” ― Abraham Lincoln

“The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.” ― Albert Einstein