View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Double Haul.... Won't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Grass casting wears out lines.
I keep hearing that but must be doing something right. Sure the line get dirty and even stained but if all the line is used for is lawn practice I can't really see how grass casting has ruined any of my them.
I practice on the grass with lines that I no longer fish with. These lines are the same type I fish with so I imagine being the same system I use for fishing my practice is all good with little adaping to a line with differnt characteristics. Even with yard lines I clean and treat them as needed. Maybe because they are always slick and clean they aren't as prone to being cut by the grass. I very rarely lawn cast with the same lines I use for fishing but I will lawn cast with my good lines on occasion. After being cleaned and dressed they seem no worse for the wear but using my good lines for lawn practice is definately the exception rather than the rle.