View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Next month,RE:Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnskiguy View Post
I'd wait. Many places are making felt soles illegal as they transport invasive species too easily. Giver your waders a try here and see how it goes. If you need new ones, every fly shop in the U.S. will have them.

Or, you could add steel studs or cleats to the soles of your waders. In many places they work better than felt.

Chris
I don't see MT making them illegal any time soon tbh. Secondly people need to realize that cleaning your gear is more important than not using felt. I find that any wadding boot you buy felt or not will still transport invasive species in the laces, mesh, and in side sole of your boots. This is why you clean your boats, same reason should apply to your wadding gear.

If you fish waters that are known to carry, clean with bleach please. Always wash your gear when traveling between watersheds simple as that.

With that said, I would recommend felt in many of our rivers if your mainly wade fishing. Or at the very least like Chris said studs help but nothing like felt. I have tried my rubber soles for my korkers in the rivers around me and fell all over, made fishing from hole to hole a real pain in the ass.