View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Green River below Flaming Gorge

Got a quick stay-over in Rock Springs, WY next Friday night and looking to take my first crack at wade fishing the Green River below Flaming Gorge Dam. My plan is to be in Dutch John a little before first light and fish from dawn 'til around 10:00a and then hit the road for home. This is more of a "feel it out and get the lay of the land" type of quick hitter, but I would like to get into some fish as well.

So my question for those with Green River experience, would I be better served to access the river just below the dam and hike it downstream, or drive to the Little Hole access and hike it upstream?

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, if anyone has fished it recently (or ever) and could offer up some tips to a Green River Greenhorn it would be much appreciated.

Tight lines!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring