View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Fysh

Same goes here, this warm up in wx has really been great, can't wait to get out on the Green.

Here is what Trout Creek Flies says in their Feb 23 Fishing Report:
***AVAILABLE AQUATIC INVERTEBRATES, AQUATIC INSECTS AND TERRESTRIAL HATCHES:
SCUDS - Scuds should be olive/gray, #16-22 or smaller if you want to match. the natural micro-scuds. Larger scuds (#14-10) in Tan, Pink and Orange as attractors are also effective. MIDGES - Pupa: brassies, red, olive, or black #20-24. Tie some with tungsten beads for weight (known as Zebra midges), others with glass beads for color. Adults: the most common adults are black, olive, or gray. Small Adams and simple adult midge patterns (#16 to #22) will work including clustering patterns such as a Griffiths Gnat, Two Bead Midge or the local Fuzz ball. BAETIS- No. PALE MORNING DUNS-None. TRICOS- None. CALLIBAETIS- None. CADDIS- None. STONE FLIES- None. CICADAS- None. TERRESTRIALS- None. ATTRACTORS- None. MORMON CRICKETS- None. STREAMERS- Woolly Buggers 4-6, black, olive, tan, Goldilocks. Double Bunnies 2-4, Playboy Bunnies.

The fly list above suggests the available trout food and their imitations. Each week I will list the top six flies that were productive from the week before. The danger here is that things change from week to week, so while trends in fly selection can be consistent, keep in mind they also change with current fishing conditions. Para Adams #20-26 Griffith's Gnat #20-24 Tungsten Zebra Midges #14-16 brown, red. small scuds- olive, grey #18-22 Glo-bugs #12-18 all colors San Juan Worms, red #14-12. RS2's and WD 40's grey, olive or wine #18-24 Streamers #2-6 Buggers in tan, black, olive, Goldilox Buggers, Double Bunnies, Playboy Bunnies.

THE PAST WEEK IN REVIEW - RATED 6 (out of 10)

Still a double hump in the water level, but not quite as bad. Average flow at this time is 1100 CFS. The last week has been quite nice for this time of year. I always expect a few weeks like this in February but I'm still surprised at how nice they can be. Midges are in full swing and good hatches from 10:00 in the AM until 3:00 PM. It has been a very good hatch all through February, especially when the wind quiets down. Nymphs early and late in the day are continuing to be successful. Streamers are doing very well with a bit slower strip then usual. Goldiloks continues to catch fish, as does the playboy bunny, plus I see black sculpins and bunnies doing a credible job also. Blue wings are still showing some, not equaling what they were doing in January but still some, especially below Little Hole and down towards Red Creek.

On Monday, I took the boat cover over to the local uphosltry shop to have a couple holes fixed. Still need to pull the trailer wheels to check the bearings and re-grease everything for the upcoming fishing season.

Larry