View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:34 AM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Broke my rod... what to do?

I bought a Redington RS4 8wt on a closeout for a backup rod and I have to admit that it has performed well in saltwater for Reds and big carp and bass. It is a fast action rod that I really like for poppers and bass bugs. You probably won't find this deal again, but I got it for $44 from Cabelas.

I have since bought a 5wt RS4 from Sierra Trading for $69. Their closeout was $114 and then reduced further by an additional 40% during a recent holiday. I also bought the Redington Surge Reel for $40 from Sierra Trading that came pre-spooled with 5wt WFF line! So a complete combo with line for a little more than $100.

These rods come with lifetime warranties, too. I broke my 8wt in the garage door and was sent a new one within a week!

I can be a bit of a flyrod snob and used to only fish Scott rods, but for the money I have been pretty happy with the Redington RS4s.
Click the image to open in full size.