View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: South Fork Flathead River info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr21 View Post
Rich Osthoff's book Fly Fishing the Rocky Mountain Backcountry has a great chapter in it about the South Fork of the Flathead. He talks about the hike in sections as well as everything that can be floated. Sounds like an amazing river. If I lived anywhere close to the area, I know I'd be in there every summer. The chance to catch true native, wild trout sounds so tempting.

You can get the book on amazon for $12-15 and Kindle has it for $13.
When I first moved here I stumbled across that book and read that chapter. I've been longing to get in there for years. I had was planning a trip with a non-fishing friend who loves to backpack and spent a summer working a trail crew in the Bob. Then my wife got pregnant...

A friend of mine just did his second pack in / float out trip. Huge bull trout and big unadulterated westslope cutts ... someday ...