View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Ordered a 2wt today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
I have found this as well, after you mentioned it in another thread...good call imo.
So true. I paired my 8'6" superfine touch to a lamson litespeed (1 or 1.5) and the tip feels heavy now. Same reel balances perfectly with my 7' 4wt helios tho. Oh well...gonna have to get a new 3wt reel.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibby View Post
I've been thinking of getting a 2wt and targeting pumpkinseeds and other sunfish , and the like. They are considered trash by many folks, but they are omnipresent in so many ponds, and so many people ignore them. I'm thinking they might be good sport if a suitable rod were to be in my arsenal.
Yes indeed. I'm taking a newbie out tomorrow and bringing along a superfine full flex 3wt for him to try out with some poppers. A) he'll be able to feel the rod load B) with tiny poppers the blue gill will be eager and top water will help him see and set the hook... C) the lightweight rod bend from a small fish.

I use the same rod/reel pairing for summer days on a spring creek. Adding that 3wt has been a big plus all the way around.