View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: South Fork Flathead River info?

Well my info is all second hand, but truly second hand, like I said one of my good friends has done it twice. And I am seriously jealous. What kind of info are you looking for? Packers to hire? Or DIY?

If you are looking at a map, the common access is via Monture Creek trailhead. That is off from HWY 200, East of Missoula about 50 miles or so. They were dropped on Youngs Creek, a headwater trib close to the confluence of Danher Cr which forms the South Fork. From there it's 5 nights give or take depending on how much water you cover per day, to the North wilderness boundary where you'd be picked up or shuttled out. It's a long shuttle back around to where you would have started.

It's remote but you're not alone, is what my friend told me. You'll be floating down with other boats doing the same thing, probably seeing the same couple groups of floaters everyday.