View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identification anyone?

Okay.... I've always known the August white mayfly blanket hatch as white millers. If that's not your preferred term,
...then so be it and good for you

As for the bug in question....
The speckled leading edge of the wing says calibaetis all over it and that's probably it.
The only problem I have with that is the location.... SW. PA.
Here in southern New England I've never witnessed the calibaetis locally (not that I know all the local hatches) but in colder areas in northern New England , I've seen them alot.
It's my opinion that they need a somewhat cooler clime than the Pittsburgh area offers
... just a guess