View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World record distance WF 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
he, and Dr. Way Yin, spliced in additional shooting line. .
I can get the whole line out on my Meiser, but I had problems with the backing doing funny stuff. I had little loops pop up and slack start on the spool. The next thing you know, there are knots and I am picking them out with a knot pick. WJC sent me the stuff to add running line to my AirFlo Delta Tactical Spey line. It's a great line but I wish they made it a tad longer. That's one of the things that make me like the Trevor Morgan lines better. They are long long. I had a big Pike peel me off into backing one time so fast it was not funny. It does not happen often but I'd hate to loose a fish because my backing went squirrely from long casts.

On a sort of related story I lost one when I was doing a lot of long casts. I had most of the line back in the stripping basket. The fish hit close to me and it was a big one. It took some line fast and a big knot comes whipping out of my basket and hits my left hand. I'm wading deeper and trying to get the knot fixed and the fly pulls loose. It comes whipping back and nails Bill right in the chest. No injuries thank goodness.

Thanks again WJC. I'm going to need to become a lot better for the backing to be a problem again.