View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: walleye fly fishing.

Howdy whitedice and welcome to the forum. If you want to try walleye fishing with a fly rod, I think I can help shortcut you to getting them. Do a quick look around your local DNR fisheries site and see where you have close Walleye, then give me a call. I am going to PM you my phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfig19 View Post
I think I'll have re evaluate my fishing equipment....I'm not sure if I'm equipped to handle a fly like a clouser minnow for my rod size and proportions. I'm currently fishing with a LL Bean Quest II 8'6' 5weight. I'm thinking the walleye around here does not fit that rod size. Well anyhow, I'm willing to purchase a rod able to do the job.
I caught this Walleye, and it was my first Walleye line class record on a 9' 5wt. four piece rod with a clouser. Your rod will work, but for big water you are going to need something you can get the fly farther out there.
Click the image to open in full size.
By the way, have you ever seen a darker Walleye?

Last edited by Guest1; 08-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.