View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: what flies do i have here?

That Montana Nymph was an incredibly popular pattern 30-50 years ago and made famous when it made it into Jack Dennis' fly tying manual. (I think it was jack)

My dad was wayy into that fly and used it to tight line nymph the pocket water in the fastest deepest spots and I was always amazed at the fish he pulled up.

Stimmy's are a staple in my box and I like to fish the olive wooly worm wet as a damsel nymph.

I would probably fish those Horny's as streamers in tandem with a split shot out front to sink them. Don't use light tippet especially if you only have those fly's, as streamer strikes end up popping a lot of fly's.

I use the Stimmy's and Double Humpy (Goofus Bug) for fast water dry fishing. Those fly's are big and bright so use them where reaction is what rules the fishes strike mentality.

I fish the Montana with weight, on either the fly or the leader to get it to the bottom.

All in all a good group of flies.