View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:51 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrible Customer Service from Versitex (Gudebrod Supplier)

Well said, Ard. You are indeed the voice of fairness and reason. It's understandable that someone would get angry about shipping costs, but flooding fly fishing forums with complaints about a shipping fee is a bit more than I'd like to see here. I have seen ff'ing forums where members enjoy thrashing companies, products, and each other. It becomes a rant fest, with fly fishing topics sprinkled here and there.

I was about to order some Whiting hackle a couple months ago from a well-known tying supplier. They sent an email saying that they had just received a shipment from Whiting, and it was listed as being "In Stock" on their site: 1/2 saddle of Grizzly. I decided to call before placing the order, and my suspicions were confirmed when the woman told me that they were sold out. I don't order much from the larger chain stores, but their sites seem to be more up to date (even real time) when it comes to inventory. There's a shop about 50 miles from me, and they list everything as being available. It's more like available for them to order, although you'd get the impression that it's in the shop. The shop is quite small, and they'd never be able to fit half of what they list.

Call and speak to a human when ordering online.