View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Terrible Customer Service from Versitex (Gudebrod Supplier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post

I was about to order some Whiting hackle a couple months ago from a well-known tying supplier. They sent an email saying that they had just received a shipment from Whiting, and it was listed as being "In Stock" on their site: 1/2 saddle of Grizzly. I decided to call before placing the order, and my suspicions were confirmed when the woman told me that they were sold out. I don't order much from the larger chain stores, but their sites seem to be more up to date (even real time) when it comes to inventory. There's a shop about 50 miles from me, and they list everything as being available. It's more like available for them to order, although you'd get the impression that it's in the shop. The shop is quite small, and they'd never be able to fit half of what they list.

Oh Sooo Yes!

Call and speak to a human when ordering online.
And as to the last, whole heartedly agree! Go on line, find what you want on their web site then call and confirm (the what ever) is in stock. A few occasions the answer was 'no' regardless of what the web site may suggest.

Maintaining a web site (if it's extensive) can be a full time job.

fae