Thread: Leader building
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leader building

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpokey View Post
When it happened to me, the doc gave me a prescription to get two Epi pens. He said next time might do me in. That (and the stings) got my attention...I should get 'em replaced, they're both expired now.

The EMTs told me it was more important to get anti-histamine in the system than carry an epi pen. They said to break a couple 50mg benadryl capsules under the tongue and it would get absorbed real quick and not need the injectors. I don't know, I haven't been stung again, but I always have some capsules with me.
Can't say which is more effective, but I do carry Benadryl in my wallet. They're actually a quick dissolve paper looking thing (pink in colour). The Eppie pens now come in a two pack ..... asked about that and apparently it's in recognition that many people are 'Just big and a single dose just isn't enough.'

Polite way of saying 'fat?'

Anyway, if your pens have expired, toss them. One way to check them is by the colour of the fluid. Starting to go (if memory serves?) 'yellowish' they're toast.

Fred

Edit: A Forgot to add. Eppie pens don't like high heat so if you keep one in your car/truck put it in an insolating bag of some sort. The one I use was orig used for keeping a soda can cold. Zips up at the top and really does a fine job even when its 90+ degrees out side (inside of Jeep will be above that). Just keep the bag out of direct sun.
fae