View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Peacock Herl vs Peacock Black Ice dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Do you have a rotary vice? If so, use it to help out. Otherwise, keep at it and over time you'll get much better at it.
Yeah I did get the Peak Rotary and is does help qute a bit. So I guess all things being equal would you think the dub is a NoNo or the patterns are still fishy, look like they should etc etc. I guess I need to get a hall pass for tomorrow and just go try them out.

As a side note I am trying to make real durable flies so I am using Sall Hansen's on almost every nymph / Midge. For example I run some of the lacquer over the thread befor wrapping a pheasant tail. Then I put a layer of it under the wing case and against the bead so that when I whip finish it the thread sinks in the lacquer. Takes a minute or so per fly but I dont want to make decent looking flies that fall apart. Prior to using the Sally Hansens my flies while wrapped tight, whip finished correctly didnt seem to be as durable as I hoped.