View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:04 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A couple of Redingtons

Curtis,

Thanks for the review on the Redingtons.

Personally, I can't say enough good about the CPS series of rods in the higher weight ranges. I have a 9'0" 8 wt. that I love for smaller Bonefish and small-medium sized Stripers. It is, as you say, a very fast rod, but the tip is soft enough so that it takes a lot of the "shock loading" out of sink-tip lines carrying big Clousers and Deceivers at the end of the casting stroke; which not many fast action rods will do. For a good deal on these rods in the higher weight ranges, check out Cabelas. They're offering their remaining stock of higher weight CPS rods for prices in the $150.00 range. Has to be one of the best deals out there right now.

I talked to the folks at Redington about 2 months; truthfully to lament a little about the discontinuation of the CPS line. They listened and advised me that if I liked the higher weight CPS models, then I'm going to love the higher weight CPX models; which is the rod that has now replaced the CPS line. I'm looking forward to casting one - soon!