View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fast(er) action 6wt for someone who fishes med-fast rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
1) Redington CPS, 9ft 6wt (very nice action but the cork grip did not fit my hand)

I did try the CPX and thought it was quite stiff had a rather heavy swing weight...not something I would want to fish for 4 hrs straight.

2) Loomis Streamdance GLX, 9ft 6wt (my all time favorite 6wt, I have yet to cast another 6wt as far easily or as effectively into a stiff wind)
Would love a Streamdance! Have been puting off casting one for that reason...afraid to fall in love with a rod that I am not willing to spend that kind of money on...ditto for the upper end winstons. While I can afford it it I just can bring myself to spend over $400 on a rod

3) The Sage Z axis, 9ft 6wt: All time great rod, albeit may be a bit more than what you are budgeting. Plus it is tough to find a new one since it was discontinued.

Wish I would have grabbed a Z axis when they were being closed out, I like my buddies but the used ones are going for ridiculous amounts of money
No Loop dealers anywhere near me that I know of. I have though about going custom as my buddy is a rod builder...but this is the first I have heard of MHX. How about a review of the MHX rod you had built?

Has anyone fished the GVX?