View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 AM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fast(er) action 6wt for someone who fishes med-fast rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I too aquired a 9'/#6 this past spring for some the same reasons as you expressed. The above recomendations of G.Loomis StreamDance HLS and Z-Axis if you can find one on close-out are are booth top notch. I will add the one I went with, Rajeff's Sports ECHO3. It is a mid priced rod that fishes like a premium rod. It has tons of power in its medium-fast action, generates easy distance casting but is forgiving to cast and is well appointed and good looking. Rajeff Sports is a hip company and fun to deal with and they are the US distributers of UK made Airflo Lines which are a great match for this $350 rod.
Funny that you mentioned the Streamdance and Echo 3, I talked to a shop earlier today and they said the same thing. I described the rod I was looking for and asked them if the GVX would fit the bill. The particular salesperson I talked to didn't seem to have to much experience with the GVX, but had good things to say about the Streamdance and Echo 3. They actually fish and prefer the Echo 3 over the Streamdance... and went on to say what a great company Echo was. Sounds like I should put in the extra effort to find an Echo dealer nearby...or take advantage of free Cabelas' shipping