View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Making The Best of The Time That's Left....

Hey Larry,

I'm still at home chasing down some e-mail forms that I need to complete. I am going to scout a place today to see if I can access by river boat as the waters drop this fall. As you know, when the nights get cold up in the mountains the water levels drop quickly. This is both good & bad in that rivers currently sullied by glacial runoff clear up but at the same time some become unnavigable. I am not opposed to walking but some of these places are real bush hikes where a machete is the only way through the tangles. The last thing I want to do is to make a 2 mile hike and then have a jet boat come through before I make the first cast

Work at the cabin is going to resume this winter in ernest. The salmon runs here in the lower valley have suffered and the cabin is so far out that fishing pressure is less in the area. I am close to having the inside finished but now the outside chinking needs to be redone......... And the skirting will go up next spring. It will keep me busy until I can no longer climb a ladder

JP,

If you come you may as well plan on staying a couple months so we can really have some fun. It's not all work out there, every now & then I take the boat and go fishing. You can also water ski like Nancy does on the lake

Click the image to open in full size.

That was about a week ago You gotta love the rope and handle we used. I had 3 different pieces of rope and a piece of fire wood served as the handle. The skis were up on the loft and are about 30 years old.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;