View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: looking for a builder, or thinking to build...not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
For all the builders out there I've been getting my cork from a woman on ebay Marcia Azevedo I typically get 90 .25" rings for 30 some odd dollars and its pretty great stuff. While quarter inch rings won't have alot of voids to begin with the stuff I've been getting really looks good, straight from Portugal. Another option to FC Lite is Permagloss its alot like using varnish but dries crystal clear down side is it takes alot of coats compared to the FC. You'll really dig it Eunan, one of the coolest parts is catching a fish on a rod you put together with a fly you tied!
Golden Witch has some pigment you can mix with the epoxy. When you glue your 1/4" rings together and then sand it down, you'll see a thin line of the colored epoxy between the rings. Looks cool if it's done right.
I've built some rods with Hopkins & Holloway guides, but for my rods, I'll stick with Snake Brand. Wt, have you tried Threadmaster, or Threadmaster Lite. Awesome stuff.