View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Reels - Cheeky Fly Fishing

Well, fellas, it is 2012 and Cheeky has finaly introduced all 4 brashly toned and named reel models. They exist and they have lowered their prices incrementaly too.

Last fall a guide friend of mine got a demo/loaner "Mojo" to take on our bonefish trip to Abaco and he, a tackle critic from way back, loved it! the synthetic, stacked drag sealed with heavy duty "O" rings was super smooth, powerful and consistent and, in the Bahamian bright light, the reel looked...appropriately bright. Especially when my friend held it in one hand while cradling a big bone in the other.

Surely not for those with conservative taste in tackle but an exciting, unique and relevant new reel for those who require a high performance reel for the type of powerful fish they love to pursue. I think one would look cool mounted on my hot-dog G.Loomis CrossCurrent GLX permit rod instead of the conservative, cork-dragged, black, smaller diameter reel currently seeing duty on that rig.

Last edited by sweetandsalt; 08-31-2012 at 11:55 AM.