Thread: big carp
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: big carp

that allen setup is pretty! My 'pond' gear is kind of affordable and beat up.

I use a 9' 6wt Cabelas RLS combo often, with a 15' cortland clear sink tip. Very stealthy but hard to see strikes by the end of the line moving. I really like the clear line and seem to get more takes with it.

I have been fishing some places with tall weeds and willows, and the 9'6" 7wt reddington Redfly has been nice for the reach. Tons of backbone for chucking bigger streamers too (used the same rod for small barracuda and bonefish in the keys and Mexico this summer).
I finally got a nicer Rio floating 7wt line, amazingly expensive for nice line, but what a difference casting!

Last few days out have kind of sucked for carp. Either angler error or few fish sighted or both I'm getting pretty good at bonking them right on the head!