Thread: Woven Stonefly
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Woven Stonefly

I start by tying lead wire on each side of the hook to create a nice wide, flat body (you can also wrap the hook and then mash it flat with a pliers). Are you using smooth floss? I use embroidery thread which is more of a fine twisted rope. It isn't too hard to control it and keep the halves of the body from spinning around. Also, I point the hook at me, so there isn't a close and far side, necessarily, you are looking straight down the hook. Finally, there are two method that I know of; one in which you tie overhand knots on after the other, the other method is to take one thread over the hook, opposite thread around the first and under over and over - are you using the later method? Try to find a youtube vid of the knot technique and see which way you like better.

O yeah, and keep practicing like Madjoni says!