View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:33 PM

mike63 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

My Sage One front section was broken by a vacuum cleaner. Yes, a vacuum cleaner. I had it set up in the bedroom in 2 sections with the reel on it as I occasionally like to walk outside into the yard and just cast a bit. Wife moved a floor lamp while vacuuming which knocked over the rod and snap-ola, broke the tip section about 3 inches down when it got scucked in. From now on I will be keeping my rods dissambled in their hard case and locked in a gun safe.

Sage has had the rod since August 16th and have not touched it. "Backlog" they claim. I told them I had a trip planed for the week of the Sep 17th and they said it will not be back by then and to expect sometime in mid-October, 6-8 weeks I believe. Warranties are one of things you don't often think about when buying a high end product so I learned a couple lessons: don't leave your rod laying around the house and do homework on warranties. G. Loomis charges $100 as opposed to $50 but you get your new rod on 5 days, one time Expeditor service. Worth it in my opinion. A friend broke his Sage Flight a couple years ago and waited 3 months. Unacceptable. When you shell out $700 bucks for latest and greatest, they should move quickly or offer some sort of upgraded service for a fee. Sage Ones are new and parts are on the shelf. Swap out the front section and just mail it back for crying out loud. Geez.

I'll just have to use my ZXL for the trip. Hurt me No problem except that it is going to be on the Arkansas which is better suited to the One.

Last edited by mike63; 09-02-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typos