View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fast(er) action 6wt for someone who fishes med-fast rods

The ONE #6 is a brilliant fly rod. I fish the ONE #5 and love it and the 6 may be better. However, these rods performance is best extracted by an experienced caster, they are not too forgiving of stroke timing anomolies or any line slack in the cast. As happens in these threads, respondents start getting into their own thing by page 2 and lose sight of the original question. Fore someone realtivly new to fly castng and not wishing to spend the maximum possible, I reiterate that you would be well served by the now several time mentioned ECHO3 and the TFO BVK would be a good choice too. I have fished both and lean toward the ECHO; it is heavier but has more feel which is a good thing for you. These threads get like a game of telephone, I am guilty of it myself.