View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Equipment reccomendations needed

Hi Chase,

Today is my day for answering unanswered threads Like some others I have replied on today I don't have all the answers you want but........... Consider editing the thread title. To do this you need to choose edit and then 'Go Advanced' this will allow you to edit the title. If you mention Rod Building, you'll get plenty of hits because we have plenty of finishers here.

I have a 3.5 RPM finishing motor and it works fine.
The only 2 finishes I have used are Sparr marine Varnish & Flex Coat.
I have always used Guidbrod threads or silks but am not sure of availability any more.
I have a finishing rack bought from Cabalas back in 1982. It has a telescoping structure and holds 2 spools of thread on tensioning devices. This was a huge improvement over the 2 V notched boards and a book for thread tension prior to this rack.

Look into a nice finishing rack with duel thread dispensers and a good turning motor and you'll be on the way. Don't forget a pack of single edge razor blades, they come in handy.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;