View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Shark Report and the dumb ass award goes to??

Hi Rip Tide,

That photo reminds me of one of my adventures in Panama. We were installing a communications radio system for the Panama Communications Co. This part of the system had a link from the Island I was on to a banana plantation town on the mainline. They only had one flight a week into the town. I flew over for a meeting but I didn't want to wait a week to get back across the bay. I walked down to the marina and saw several modern boats. I asked about a boat to take me back. Sure thing, "be here in the morning". As I approached the boat slip where we made the deal I saw the fellow I talked to. I started to get into the boat and he said no and pointed to a dugout canoe with a outboard on the back. So we headed out across the bay with about six inches of the boat out of the water. As we approached the reef I noticed big sharks swimming around the boat. The fellow decided he would stop so I could see the reef. I was low enough in the water that I could have touch the fins sticking up right next to my hand. In my broken English I finally got he to take off. Two of the fellows working with me met us at the boat landing. They couldn't believe I came across the bay in that "log". We had a good laugh when I told them about the sharks.

Frank