View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice
Default Re: The Tent Thread;

I'm a camper and most of my camp trips are out of the kayak so I've got a collection of light weight one man tents.

My favorite right now is the one person Sumberjack
Click the image to open in full size.

A friend of mine son was studying geology in school and part of his studies was six weeks in the field - Grand Canyon, New Mexico, west Texas - when he graduated he took a job on the oil rigs in the gulf and gave me this tent. Can't beat a free tent.
It's a Eureka Apex 2. What I like about it is that it has doors on both sides. Good for that midnight run.

With the idea of packing light, a few years ago I bought a cheap one man bivey for a four day trip down the Brazos River. I like the compactness of it but its so small you'll get a cramp in your shoulder just trying to take your shirt off. It took a 10 hour rain with no leaks that trip, so it did its job.

Here's my kayak camping set up. Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow and tarp. It all fits in a good dry bag and fits perfect in my front hatch.

It's about time to pull it all out, I have a river camp coming up in two week.