View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Point Pinole, San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefingers View Post
I went to the Petaluma River this morning at your advice. I fished right by the gravel pit for about an hour from 7am-8am, but I don't think the fish had made it up that far by that time. I bounced out because I felt sketchy fishing on private property - which probably worked out to my favor because right when I left some people started to enter the premises (I'd imagine workers).

Then I went down the 116 to 37 to fish right under the bridge but I think I was there too late in the morning, and it was just too muddy and reedy to fly fish from the shore. A guy leaving when I about showed up & left (I was only there about 20 minutes) had two big 15#ers, I'd approximate, but he was most-likely bait fishing. There were about 15 people there all with rods cast out far with bait-bells.

I think the Petaluma could be killer with a boat but I'm not sure if I'm sold on fly fishing there again.

Holy cow... You actually did it.

PM me your address and I'll send you a present. (I'm not kidding, it won't be much, just a thank you).

I know that bait works there, I was just curious about flies. When the striper run up there (remember, they follow the tide) the fishing can get hectic with a two pole stamp, so I know they come in hungry.

I just wonder about flies.

Yes, the water is pretty stained, so maybe dark flies with lots of flash? I'm not really sure.

Still, thanks for doing that for me.