Thread: Orvis Waders
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Orvis Waders

Hello Dennis,

And welcome to the forum, I have used several pair of waders from the Orvis Company over the years. I've always found them to be well designed and with the company behind them any problems were always quickly solved.

As for waist or chest wader this is a simple one. If you only fish small streams where the depth is never going to be over 2.5 feet the waist wader will be more comfortable in warm weather. However, if you fish larger rivers and creeks chest high is the way to go. There is always a spot where the water is a little deeper than your waist wader will allow and if the weather turns cold or rainy the chest wader provides some warmth and rain protection. When used in combination with a good fishing jacket, chest waders make you pretty much waterproof from head to toe. Considering the fact that many times you'll find the fishing best on rainy days the chest wader has been my choice for over 35 years. Prior to that I got wet often, especially my butt

I hope you will continue to use the forum for a source of information and to share some reports about your fishing trips.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;