Thread: Orvis Waders
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis Waders

I too am in the market for new waders. I was asking the guy at the shop the other day about the convertible Simms G3 and wearing them as waist hi's. He recomended me the convertibles since I am going to try and do more winter fishing and as Ard said they provide more protection from the elements vs standing chest deep in the river.

His comment at the shop was if he is 5'6" and only wears the top half of his waders a few times a year a guy 6'1"" like me would need the tops even less. Basically if you are a non belly boating summer time fisherman go with the waist hi's. If you belly boat or fish foul weather get the convertibles / full length.

Ive never had Orvis waders , but really once you get in to top notch gear like Orvis, Simms etc etc its personal preference. Im a Simms guy, just because the first I ever had were Simms and they lasted fine so no complaints.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson