Thread: 9/11 Remembered
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: 9/11 Remembered

One of the scariest days of my life. A pair of F16s or F18s flew overhead at tree top level over my house. We (the deck hands) were all called to wait on standby incase of a mass evacuation of Manhattan, contamination tents were set up and the parking lot was filled with ambulances. After it was called off we sat on the upper deck of the Freddy C for days just watching the smoke and surrounding towers fall. It wasn't till a few days afterwards that we found out a close friend of ours was delivering office furnature to one of the towers and was never seen again. Ever since that day the area I grew up in was never the same and I'm not just talking about our view, alot of my neighbors were scared to death as we lived right next door to a Naval Weapons Depot. Today a memorial sits where just about everyone from town would park at one time or another and admire the skyline and it was built by a local guy who drained his bank account to have it made. After that Old Glory's colors seemed so much more vivid and she waved higher and meant alot more. I'll NEVER forget that day and my cousin is on his 4th tour in Afghanistan to make sure the people responsible NEVER go unpunished.